Journal Club: Climate Change and Pediatric Health: What Providers Should Know and Do - October 6, 2015
Presented October 6, 2015, 1PM EDT
- Understand how climate change can impact human health.
- Discuss the child specific health impacts of climate change.
- Discuss how providers can incorporate climate change impacts into their own practice.
1. Lungs in a Warming World - Climate Change and Respiratory Health.
Bernstein AS and Rice MB
Chest 2013; 143(5): 1455-1459.
2. Global Climate Change and Children's Health: Threats and Strategies for Prevention.
Sheffield PE and Landrigan PJ
Environmental Health Perspectives 2011 Mar; 119(3): 291-298
3. Emerging Roles of Health Care Providers to Mitigate Climate Change Impacts: A Perspective from East Harlem, New York
Sheffield PE, Durante KT, Rahona E, and Zarcadoolas C
Health Hum Rights 2015 Jun 16; 16(1):113-121.