PEHSU Grand Rounds Webinar
This webinar is part of an ongoing series of educational presentations by experts on issues that focus on current and emerging aspects of pediatric and reproductive environmental health.
Lead poisoning and impact on school readiness: How to overcome the toxic effects - December 19, 2018
- Describe multiple sources that may result in lead poisoning in children.
- Understand the impact that lead has on school readiness
- Provide opportunities to children with lead exposures to optimize the ability to learn
Presenter: Jennifer A. Lowry, MD
Dr. Lowry is a Professor of Pediatrics at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. She is Director of the Division of Clinical Pharmacology, Toxicology and Therapeutic Innovations at Children's Mercy in Kansas City, where she also serves as Director of Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit for Federal Region 7. She currently serves as the Chair of the Council on Environmental Health for the American Academy of Pediatrics and is a member of the Council of Injury, Violence and Poison Prevention. As Chair of COEH, she has provided oversight of numerous policy statements, presentations at NCE and direct discussions with federal partners regarding children’s environmental health. She is active within the AAP and is a frequent presenter at the AAP’s NCE.
Webinar Information and Registration
12:00 pm, Central Standard Time (Chicago)
11:00 am, Mountain Standard Time (Denver)
10:00 am, Pacific Standard Time (San Francisco)
- Audio is only available through a phone line and not available on your computer.
- Upon registeration you will be provided a call-in number, access code, and attendee ID. Please call the phone number and enter both the access code and attendee ID.
- At the beginning of the conference, all participants will be muted on entry in order to minimize extraneous noise.
- If you wish to ask a question or provide a comment please use the "raise your hand" icon and the moderator will recognize you. Alternatively, you can send the moderator or one of the panelists a text message using the chat function.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not link your web login with your phone number, it will be difficult to unmute the correct phone line. This can happen if you don't enter your call in user id when prompted. This can also happen if you key in the call in user id too quickly.