2018 Children’s Environmental Health Centers Annual Meeting: Social Media Workshop
October 23, 2018
2018 Children’s Environmental Health Centers Annual Meeting
Social Media Workshop Travel Support Funds Available
Social Media Workshop, Tuesday Oct 23, 2018 1:00-5:30 p.m.
(same location as the Annual Meeting)
The Social Media Workgroup (SMW) is offering limited travel support funds for members of Children’s Environmental Health Centers (CEHC) or Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units (PEHSU) to attend the Social Media Workshop that will begin immediately after the conclusion of the 2018 CEHC Annual Meeting. Anyone working at any capacity in a CEHC or PEHSU is eligible to apply for travel support.
Social Media Workshop Description
Attendees will learn how to incorporate social media, an increasingly important outreach tool in public heath, into their community outreach and translation work. An expert panel will present on the use of social media for public health outreach followed by an interactive training for all levels of users, from beginners to advanced. Following the workshop, a social and networking mixer will take place downtown Durham, location TBD.
The Social Media Workgroup has travel funding to support the attendance of workshop participants. We are most readily able to offer lodging and or airfare support. If funds are needed to support other travel expenses, the SMW will handle those requests on an individual basis.
To be eligible to apply for travel funds, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Work in a CEHC / PEHSU
- Ability to commit to attending Social Media Workshop
Application Process and Selection Criteria
- In order to apply please fill out the application form using the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/VcY5dQ1x0iVShPG12
- Application Deadline: October 3rd
- Notification of award: October 5th
- Funds will be awarded based on need and information provided in the application to ultimately allow for the greatest number of participates to attend the workshop.
- Please remember to register for the Social Media Workshop using the following link https://illinoisaces.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0rKf8sAJulF9Fqt
- For more information contact Nathan Mutic, firstname.lastname@example.org, 404-727-8481
- You will also need to register separately for the CEHC Annual Meeting a link that will be available on the NIEHS webpage.
- This work is supported by the NIEHS Award # 3P50ES026071-04S1