This course qualifies as continuing education for physicians, nurses, certified health education specialists, certified public health professionals and other professionals provided by the Centers for Disease Control and its partners.
Origination Date: 10/04/2019
Expiration Date: 10/04/2021
Changing Climate and Children's Health provides an overview of climate change identifying important details that impact the health of patients. This course also provides abundant resources for patients, as well as what you can do to prepare your clinic for extreme weather events.
- Define climate change.
- Explain the "Greenhouse Effect".
- Identify common health impacts associated with climate change.
- Explain the potential relationship of birth outcomes and climate change.
- Explain how health care providers can assist patients in addressing health effects due to climate change.
- Identify at least one way you can work as a team with your community to help residents deal with the effects of climate change.
- Laura Anderko, Phd, RN, Professor, Endowed Chair, and Director Region 3 PEHSU, Georgetown University
- Jerome Paulson, MD, FAAP, Medical Director, Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Units - East