CE Origination Date – 01/07/2019
CE Expiration Date – 01/07/2021
The goal of this activity is to enhance the knowledge of physicians and other healthcare providers about the effects of carbon monoxide exposure in pediatric and pregnant populations.
- Describe one method on how carbon monoxide is formed.
- Describe the four phases of how carbon monoxide is processed within the body.
- Explain at least two pathophysiological effects of carbon monoxide within the body.
- Identify three clinical manifestations of carbon monoxide exposure.
- Identify one recommend treatment method for pediatric or pregnant patients exposed to carbon monoxide.
Children's Mercy Kansas City
This material was supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and funded (in part) by the cooperative agreement FAIN: 5 NU61TS000237-05 along with the American College of Medical Toxicology and funded (in part) by the cooperative agreement FAIN: 5U61TS000238-05 from the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR).