By the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Recognize the degree of variability and complexity in lead testing and management recommendations across the United States.
- Recognize that competing recommendations exist for lead testing and management on the local level between health department, national priorities, and insurance mandates.
- Explain how lead testing rates can be impacted by targeting clinical decision support to align with local recommendations.
- Understand how to align competing evidence-based recommendations in a clinical decision support tool.
- Explain how lead management can be impacted by targeting clinical decision support to align with local recommendations.
Jeremy J. Michel, MD, MHS, FAAP
Faculty, Center for Pediatric Clinical Effectiveness (CPCE), Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
Pediatrician, Karabots Pediatric Care Center in West Philadelphia
Marissa Hauptman, MD, MPH, FAAP
Assistant Director, Pediatric Environmental Health Center
Region 1 Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit General Pediatrics, Boston Children's Hospital
PDF of Slides: Webinar Recording (YouTube):