- Describe current permissible exposure limits for uranium in drinking water
- Describe the absorption, distribution, and elimination of ingested uranium
- Review the potential effects, if any, of ingested uranium on the renal system
- Review the potential for development of renal or bladder malignancies after long-term exposure to uranium in drinking water
- Describe current testing options and recommendations for patients who may have
- been exposed to uranium in drinking water
- Briefly discuss possible treatment options for uranium exposure
1. Kurttio, P., Harmoinen, A., Saha, H., Salonen, L., Karpas, Z., Komulainen, H., & Auvinen, A. (2006). Kidney toxicity of ingested uranium from drinking water. American journal of kidney diseases, 47(6), 972-982.