posted on Sep 14, 2018
This conference will be held at the University of Illinois Chicago on October 10, 2018 from 4pm-8pm CT, hosted by Great Lakes Center for Children's Health and the Environment, Region 5 PEHSU. Click for more information.
Chemicals, Pollutants, and Pregnancy: A Reproductive Environmental Health Conference – hosted by Great Lakes Center for Children's Health and the Environment, Region 5 PEHSU
October 10, 2018, from 4pm - 8pm
University of Illinois at Chicago
Student Center West, Room 218/219
828 S. Wolcott Ave, Chicago, IL 60612
The purpose of the conference is to educate healthcare providers about screening their patients for and advising them about environmental exposures. Topics will include environmental screening tools, mercury exposure from fish consumption, perinatal exposure to BPA and prostate health, and lead exposure during pregnancy. The keynote speaker will be Dr. Natalia Grindler, an obstetrician/gynecologist specializing in reproductive endocrinology from Denver, Colorado.
The event will take place as a precursor to Children’s Environmental Health Day on October 11. Registration is free and 3 CME credits will be offered. The first 50 resident physicians to register will receive $50 for attending. Dinner will also be provided.
- Apply screening and reporting criteria to prenatal patients to determine need for and management of blood lead levels.
- Identify common environmental exposures that potentially threaten the health and wellness of our patients and their offspring.
- Describe how prenatal exposure to natural and synthetic estrogens target the fetal prostate epithelium
- Apply knowledge from today’s presentations to improve screening for toxic environmental exposures in your practice.
- Utilize recommended resources to refer your patients for more information about toxic environmental exposure.
Hosted by the Great Lakes Center for Children’s Environmental Health/Region 5 Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit.
For questions, please contact Emily Szwiec at email@example.com.