PEHSU Grand Rounds | Marksmanship and Adolescent Youth Lead Poisoning - November 13, 2018 at 1:00pm ET
Title: Marksmanship and Adolescent Youth Lead Poisoning
Date: Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Time: 1:00pm EST
Presenters: Rose Goldman, MD, MPH; Associate Professor, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health; Director of Faculty Affairs, Dept. of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance; Associate Director, Region 1 PEHSU
By the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Discuss potential sources of lead exposure at the shooting range and how that translates to appropriate questions to ask the patient.
- Describe personal protective and hygiene measures that reduce/prevent exposures from shooting.
- Describe measures to control lead exposure in the firing range environment.
- Discuss potential adverse health effects of lead exposure to adolescents.
- Describe a strategy of medical surveillance that a health care provider could recommend.