PEHSU Grand Rounds | Summer Like It Hot, Some Like It Hotter – Public Health Impact of Environmental Exposure and Extreme Heat - June 20, 2018 at 1:00pm ET
Date: Wednesday, June 20, 2018
Time: 1:00pm EDT
Presenter: Scott Crawford, MD, FACEP, CHSOS; Assistant Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso; El Paso, TX; PEHSU Region 6
By the end of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe the scope and trends in global temperature and regional microclimates.
- Identify the physiologic health effects of extreme heat to different at-risk populations.
- Outline support systems and public health programs regionally and nationally to assist with support in extreme heat events.
- Understand the treatment considerations and evaluation of pregnant and pediatric patients with core temperature elevation.
- Audio is only available through a phone line and not available on your computer.
- Upon registeration you will be provided a call-in number, access code, and attendee ID. Please call the phone number and enter both the access code and attendee ID.
- At the beginning of the conference, all participants will be muted on entry in order to minimize extraneous noise.
- If you wish to ask a question or provide a comment please use the "raise your hand" icon and the moderator will recognize you. Alternatively, you can send the moderator or one of the panelists a text message using the chat function.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you do not link your web login with your phone number, it will be difficult to unmute the correct phone line. This can happen if you don't enter your call in user id when prompted. This can also happen if you key in the call in user id too quickly.