PEHSU Journal Club | The Public Health Response to Large Scale Water Contamination | 02/24/16 @ 1pm EST
We invite you to attend the PEHSU Program Grand Rounds Webinar February 24, 2016, at 1:00pm EST.
Everyone is invited to participate in this live webinar and phone-based event. This in-depth and interactive series provides a platform for learning and discussion about issues that focus on current and emerging aspects of pediatric and reproductive environmental health.
Title: The Public Health Response to Large Scale Water Contamination
Presenter: Stormy Monks, PhD, MPH, CHES, Assistant Professor, Public Health Specialist/Core Consultant, Texas Tech University University Health Sciences Center El Paso, El Paso, TX
Click here for Dr. Monk's photo and bio.
- Identify major water contamination incidents in the US
- Describe potential water contamination related risks
- Evaluate the public health response to large scale water contamination
Articles to be Discussed:
1. Intentional and Inadvertent Chemical Contamination of Food, Water, and Medication
MCKay C and Scharman EJ
Emergency Medicine Clinics of North America 2015; 33(1): 153-177
2. Incidence of waterborne lead in private drinking water systems in Virginia
Pieper KJ, Krometis LH, Gallagher DL, Banham BL, and Edwards M
Journal of Water and Health 2015; 13(3): 897-908
3. Elevated Blood Lead Levels in Children Associated with the Flint Drinking Water Crisis: A Spatial Analysis of Risk and Public Health Response
Hanna-Attisha M, LaChance J, Sadler RCS, and Schnepp AC
American Journal of Public Health 2016; 106(2): 283-290