By the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Discuss potential sources of lead exposure at the shooting range and how that translates to appropriate questions to ask the patient.
- Describe personal protective and hygiene measures that reduce/prevent exposures from shooting.
- Describe measures to control lead exposure in the firing range environment.
- Discuss potential adverse health effects of lead exposure to adolescents.
- Describe a strategy of medical surveillance that a health care provider could recommend.
Presenter: Rose Goldman, MD, MPH
Associate Professor, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health
Director of Faculty Affairs, Dept. of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance
Associate Director, Region 1 PEHSU