By the end of this webinar, participants should be able to:
- Discuss potential sources of lead exposure at the shooting range and how that translates to appropriate questions to ask the patient.
- Describe personal protective and hygiene measures that reduce/prevent exposures from shooting.
- Describe measures to control lead exposure in the firing range environment.
- Discuss potential adverse health effects of lead exposure to adolescents.
- Describe a strategy of medical surveillance that a health care provider could recommend.
Rose Goldman, MD, MPH
Associate Professor, Harvard TH Chan School of Public Health
Director of Faculty Affairs, Dept. of Medicine, Cambridge Health Alliance
Associate Director, Region 1 PEHSU