- A 17 year-old male was found wandering the streets around midnight with altered mental status. He reported that he was in the woods earlier that day and ate a large amount of berries that he foraged.
- A 32 year-old man was making a hand-crafted ceremonial knife in his kitchen at 2am, from what he thought was silver, which he obtained from his late grandfather’s dentist office. The knife was to cut the umbilical cord of his newborn baby who was due the next week. His 26 year-old pregnant wife was in the next room sleeping.
- Recognize and be able to diagnose ricin toxicity
- Distinguish the various forms of mercury toxicity
- Determine when how to test and when to treat mercury toxicity
Emergency Physician, Toxicology Fellow