The Pediatric Environmental Health Specialty Unit (PEHSU) Program is excited to announce the addition of our newest eLearning course to its National Classroom! This two-part course, School Environment, Health and Performance, will focus on the impact of the school environment on occupant health and performance. The course is FREE to all interested healthcare professionals, students, or other relevant occupations and qualifies as continuing education by the Centers for Disease Control.
- Larry Lowry, PhD, PEHSU Region 6
- Identify areas of exposure in the school environment and the special susceptibilities of school populations
- Discuss the connections between a school’s indoor environment to both student health and academic performance
- Identify methods for creating a healthy indoor school environment
- Identify strategies to overcome barriers to maintaining a healthy indoor environment
Be sure to visit the PEHSU National Classroom to access this course in addition to a variety of other pediatric environmental health courses and webinars. All of our offerings are FREE and address a variety of topics including air pollution, arsenic, climate change, marijuana, and much more. Registration is quick and easy. Please contact Amanda Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions regarding the National Classroom.