PEHSU Grand Rounds Webinar
This webinar is part of an ongoing series of educational presentations by experts on issues that focus on current and emerging aspects of pediatric and reproductive environmental health.
Public Health Response to Wildfire Smoke - April 17, 2019
- To identify one state health department’s approach to wildfire smoke response
- To describe risk communication for wildfire smoke response and challenges of competing risks
- To evaluate a risk assessment approach to provide health justification to public decisions
Presenter: Julie Fox, PhD, MHS
Julie Fox is the ambient air epidemiologist at the WA State Department of Health. She obtained a master’s and doctoral degree from Johns Hopkins School of Public Health and was a postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences at the University of Washington. At the Department of Health, Julie investigates health impacts and provides health recommendations for outdoor air pollutants, which has increasing centered around wildfire smoke. reactions.
Webinar Recording and Materials
Continuing Education Information
To obtain CE credit for this webcast you must first establish a login with the CDC. Click here to access the CDC Training and Continuing Education Online webpage. To receive continuing education (CE) for WD2588-041719 - PEHSU Grand Round Series - Public Health Response to Wildfire Smoke - April 17, 2019 (Web on Demand):
- View the recorded webinar on the PEHSU National Classroom
- Please visit TCEO and follow these 9 Simple Steps before May 21, 2021.
- Search for the activity: WD2588-041719
- Complete the Evaluation at www.cdc.gov/TCEOnline
- Pass the posttest at 80% on TCEO (Posttest consists of a mix of five multiple choice and true/false questions.)
- CE certificates will be available on your TCEO account
FEES: No fees are charged for CDC’s CE activities.