SAFER DISINFECTANT COMIC Strips FOR FAMILIES
What and who are these comic strips for?
The comic strips are intended to provide information on:
- How to protect yourself and others from germs
- The best way to remove germs from surfaces
- When to clean and when to disinfect
- How to choose safer disinfectants
The target audience for these resources is families, community health workers, education/home visiting programs, early care, and education settings, and health care professionals for dissemination to families and patients.
How can I use them?
The comics can be used together as a series of six pages or each page can be used separately since each page addresses a different topic. The images can be used as a single image for example as a sticker. These resources can be provided as handouts to families, posted in health care professionals exam rooms or child care settings, used as social media images and stickers, or as graphics for presentations.
How do I acknowledge the source of these materials?
If you choose to use these on social media or in a presentation or print them for families or exam rooms, please acknowledge PEHSU by ensuring the logo is included and/or by using the acknowledgment below.
These materials were supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and funded (in part) by the cooperative agreement award number 6 NU61TS000296-02-01 from the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR).
The content in these materials represents the views of the authors. It does not represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/ATSDR and does not represent endorsement by CDC/ATSDR of the purchase of any commercial products or services that are mentioned.
Check back soon! These comic strips will be available in the following languages:
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
To download the comic strips, click the following links:
- Entire series (non-COVID focused) (PDF)
- Entire series (COVID focused) (PDF)
- How do I protect my family and myself from germs found on surfaces? (non-COVID) (PDF)
- How do I protect my family and myself from germs found on surfaces? (COVID) (PDF)
- What is the best way to remove germs from surfaces? (PDF)
- What is the difference between cleaners and disinfectants? (PDF)
- How do I know when to clean or disinfect? (PDF)
- How do I choose safer disinfectants? (PDF)
- How do I use disinfectants safely? (PDF)