CLEANING AND SAFER DISINFECTING COMIC STRIPS FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
What and who are these comic strips for?
The comic strips are intended to provide information on:
- How to protect yourself and others from germs
- The best way to remove germs from surfaces
- When to clean and when to disinfect
- How to choose safer disinfectants
The target audience for these resources is families, community health workers, education/home visiting programs, early care, and education settings, and health care professionals for dissemination to families and patients.
How can I use them?
The comics can be used together as a series of six pages or each page can be used separately since each page addresses a different topic. The images can be used as a single image for example as a sticker. These resources can be provided as handouts to families, posted in health care professionals' exam rooms or child care settings, used as social media images and stickers, or as graphics for presentations.
How do I acknowledge the source of these materials?
If you choose to use these on social media or in a presentation or print them for families or exam rooms, please acknowledge PEHSU by ensuring the logo is included and/or by using the acknowledgment below.
These materials were supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and funded (in part) by the cooperative agreement award number 6 NU61TS000296-02-01 from the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR).
The content in these materials represents the views of the authors. It does not represent the views of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)/ATSDR and does not represent endorsement by CDC/ATSDR of the purchase of any commercial products or services that are mentioned.
To download the Comic Strips in English, click on the following links:
- Entire series (non-COVID focused) (PDF)
- Entire series (COVID focused) (PDF)
- How do I protect my family and myself from germs found on surfaces? (non-COVID) (PDF)
- How do I protect my family and myself from germs found on surfaces? (COVID) (PDF)
- What is the best way to remove germs from surfaces? (PDF)
- What is the difference between cleaners and disinfectants? (PDF)
- How do I know when to clean or disinfect? (PDF)
- How do I choose safer disinfectants? (PDF)
- How do I use disinfectants safely? (PDF)
To download the Comic Strips as a family coloring book, click here.
To download the Comic Strips in additional languages, click on the following links:
- Amharic (PDF)
- Chinese (simplified) (PDF)
- Korean (PDF)
- Portuguese (Brazilian) (PDF)
- Russian (PDF)
- Somali (PDF)
- Spanish (PDF)
- Vietnamese (PDF)
This webpage was supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and funded (in part) by a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (CDC/ATSDR). The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) supports the PEHSUs by providing partial funding to CDC/ATSDR through an Inter-Agency Agreement. The findings and conclusions presented have not been formally disseminated by CDC/ATSDR or EPA and should not be construed to represent any agency determination or policy. Use of trade names that may be mentioned is for identification only and does not imply endorsement by the CDC/ATSDR or EPA.